Saturday, January 2, 2016

sacred spaces

There are landmarks and special museums, mountains and lakes I have visited in my six decades that bring me much pleasure to remember. There are also places I remember for no apparent reason. I've given this some thought. I don't mention these locations because what made them so large in experience, the air so sweetly mind-expanding, may have been that relatively few humans lived, worked, or visited there. The balance of nature, the experience of life - even in the stones and in leaves already shed for the winter - safe, calming, exhilerating, sacred balance was to be found where man had not dominated, where nature was not subordinate to human progress and experiments.

That said, such an experience can still be experienced, in tiny spaces, when encountered, not hunted down.

No comments:

Post a Comment