Wednesday, May 4, 2016

process and product

I like to draw and write. I've completed poems, essays, short stories, children's books, a novel and a half, et cetera. I have framed some of the art I've created.

These days, I don't think so much about the end product. Even when I have no idea of what I want to draw or write, inking dots and penciling lines, perhaps in a rhythmic, repetetive way, helps me to break through the blocks, break through both on the paper and in life.
The daily process in itself - drawing, blogging - enriches my life. 
 
Some people live goal-oriented lives; some live fully within the daily details. Sometimes it's the end product that we strive for. Sometimes, it's the process, the everyday journey more than the destination, that keeps us whole and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment