Friday, February 5, 2016

I was driving for coffee the other morning, and stopped at a red light. One of the street signs at the intersection was half blocked by a truck, and my mind played word games with the three letters I could see. n-i-g : nigh is near; night is dark. The socially complicated word for negro came to mind. Negro is a word that means black in Spanish. Niger, was it there? My mind then got caught up then with the word benign. It's a  word I like to associate with God.  Benign-ness, I thought. Benign, I thought, nine. Be nine. I drove into the parking lot, and got my coffee and a muffin. I was eating at the counter, and there in front of me was my receipt and I found myself looking at its transaction number in big print, the number used to call a customer when his or her order is ready. B-9

How are thought and physical reality entangled and interconnected?

No comments:

Post a Comment